Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 2011: Cooking da feast

It seems Aaron and I will be taking shifts at cooking this year. I started making my first ever pot pies at our 10 p.m. tonight. I plan to also make two kines of cupcakes for dessert. We'll see if I'm up to making the vegetable side dishes after that. I may run out of steam. Aaron will be cooking his main and side dishes tomorrow morning...

I made too much chicken filling! I had to use all three ramekins that Michael loaned me. It's all cooked! I just need to place the biscuits over it tomorrow.

Next I'm making chocolate cupcakes with a caramel filling. It's going to have a marshmallow layer in the middle, and chocolate frosting, cocoa and coconut sprinkles on top!

OK I'm not sure it's suppose to look like this. And it doesn't feel cooked yet. I'm throwing them back into the oven...

Since my chocolate cupcakes are turning out to be a disaster, I'm going to make my veggies next. Oh boy the bunch of carrots we bought didn't have as much stocks as we thought. That's not much for 8 people. But it smells ono!

What's next, the other cupcakes or the asparagus? It's 8 a.m. now and I'm finally feeling beat. I'm going to bed since Aaron's up now. Next chef is on duty!

No comments: