Saturday, August 18, 2012

ADOPTION QUEST: Home Study Visit

We met our case worker Magdalena today.  She explained all the paperwork we have to fill out and documents we need to turn in.  Luckily I like to keep paperwork and had everything she needed.  She met Ikaika and Keala who amazingly were on their best behavior and also made an initial walk around of our house.

Right now we are set to take 2 children under 4 years old since we have a single bed and a crib in one room.  We'll need to rearrange our office / guest bedroom if we want to consider children up to 5 years old and of different genders. 

There should be two more visits plus a fire inspection by our local fire department.  It could take 3 months, 2 if I have anything to say about it! I don't want to lose my momentum and want to complete everything before it gets busy at work.

By the way, Aaron and I are swaying more to requesting two young children now, instead of just one.  Crazy, right?

No comments: