Sunday, August 9, 2009

Take us out to the ball game!

Ken took the family out to a Lake Erie Crushers baseball game today. Avon built a new stadium for the Frontier League team and it's the first time going for Aaron and I.

Ken, Cookie and Aaron in front of the stadium

And what a day it was -- the sun was out and temperature hit 109 degrees today! There was a breeze but let's just say it felt like we were in a convection oven.

Aaron checking out the 2010 Chevy Camero parked outside

First stop, the buffet line!

I ate two hot dogs filled with pork and beans and potato salad, corn, cupcake and cookies and lots and lots of water!

Second stop, our third row seats. I imagine all the seats have great views since it's only 10 rows up but I did have troubling looking to home plate over Aaron.

The view from my seat -- the pitchers bullpen.

I concluded the Hottie of the Crushers was #15 pitcher Sprouse. Man, he is so young he could possibly be my kid! If you look above the players, there's a hill right outside the field called the Weed Pro Plaza. That's where all the dogs and their owners got to watch the game today -- it was Bark in the Park day! Maybe the next time we'll bring Keala and Ikaika with us! Well, it has to be cooler than today...


Kyle making comfortable in the available seats in front of us. We think the Hottie in front of Kyle is #15's girlfriend. Hotties attract Hotties! Speaking of Hotties, Becky was with us but was having a migraine and sat herself in the cooler upper level.

As a side note, I did have a bit of a crying fit during one of the inning changes when they brought out 4 dogs to adopt from the pound. I cried looking at the beautiful dogs that needed homes. Sh#t, I need a tissue now...

Kyle caught a foul ball (outside of the stadium while on a smoke break; the ball just bounced by his feet) and bought a new Lake Erie hat. Aaron and I ate too much and was bloated with all the water and pop we drank. Ken and Cookie enjoyed the family company and their friends seating behind us. And the Crushers ended up winning against the Midwest Sliders from Michigan. It turned out to be a great outing!

Aaron and I did end up going out to grab a bite to eat for dinner after. I got stuffed cabbage while Aaron had a Buffalo wrap at Rubin's and we ate it in 5 minutes, I swear! I also got a German chocolate cake to go -- I had to celebrate our 6th anniversary somehow!

No comments: