Monday, December 6, 2010

Madness mania...

Since we were running behind with training, my projects are coming up all at once! Not only am I doing back-to-back interviews, I'm also writing progress reports a.k.a. work evaluations for my 26 desk attendants.

One of the toughest tasks I do each semester is writing these reports. It takes time to observe them all and come up with ratings on how they do. I tend to rate them against each other, giving those excellent few the perfect 10's and the majority gets average rates with goals to become 10's. Then there are the "barely fair" rates to the few that are not doing the basic work. They get goals they need to improve by the end of the semester. If they fail, they are not rehired. Most times they are let go.

It's a not-so-good-feeling task, but it's something a supervisor needs to do. The student learns that not all jobs are right for them, and we get a chance to hire a more motivated student who wants the job. Now I'm off to finish them by the deadline!

No comments: