Saturday, April 21, 2012

ADOPTION QUEST: A Life Changing Experience

Well I know having a child in your life changes everything.  I'm in the process of convincing myself of all the changes I'll need to make to be a good mother -- waking up a decent time to send the child to school or pick the child up, cooking again, stepping up on cleaning in the house, and giving up a lot of my time I have for myself.  The same for Aaron.  And I feel good about it!

We are thinking that perhaps if one of us change our schedules, we would be able to spend more time with the child.  Obviously it would have to be Aaron to change his schedule since my job is being the "evening" supervisor.  He thinks it may be possible since they are going to be making their new schedules soon.  If Aaron worked days and I worked evenings, I would be spending time with the child in the days and Aaron could spend time in the evenings.  Getting a babysitter or tutor in the late afternoons/early evenings seems very doable, as opposed to getting one for a whole evening until midnight!  I am feeling down with this plan!!

No comments: