Aaron and I breezed through our interview process! But it was a long task to complete. I wondered why it took me so long to finish answering the questions. They weren't hard. I finally realized that "writing" out my answers made my hand cramp so I would stop and forget to work on it again.
I admit, the child's characteristics form was hard to complete. So much options to consider and lots of characteristics we had no idea what they were. Some were hard to consider for an infant versus an older child. I am so happy this form was finally completed.
So I had my first frustrating experience of this process. There seems to be a lack of organization with scheduling and instructions with our assessor. I thought maybe it was because I'm demanding and over-organized, but I found out all my friends who are helping us with the process had the same problem. I realize the assessor is a very busy worker but she needs to know that we are too. How is one suppose to get a hold of her if she's never in her office? She implied that maybe my friends weren't trustworthy because they didn't call her back. A director of a day care? A teacher? Another case worker? People who volunteered to be our substitute care providers? I don't think so. She also implied Aaron and I may be too busy to care for children if we work odd hours. Excuse me? It took all my strength to bite my tongue. OK I need to calm down.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment