One of the many things we need to do for our fostering-to-adopt process is to get the green-light from our doctors that we are healthy and fit to be parents. I ended up getting a new doctor and I like her a lot! She is not-too-old but not-too-young and is very pleasant. She seems caring and that's something I felt I didn't get with my last doctor.
Well the time has come... my body has announced it is officially old! My blood work said I'm deficient in Vitamin D and after 25 years of staying under, my cholesterol levels have finally jumped over the borderline. I'm surprised she didn't tell me my bones are brittle too, ha! But the thing that's going to be hard is changing my diet. I already have plans to fit exercising into my busy work schedule so I'm not worried about that. What I'm so not prepared for is the drastic change in diet, like giving up meat!! I gave up sausages and a lot of processed canned foods, and cut back on my spam and bacon already. Oh lord. What we have to do to stay young and fit.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment