Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flower Power 09-03-28

Log... March 28, 2009

I took pictures of all my flower beds. I know they look barren and that's because it's still feels like winter. At least I removed the thick layer of mulched leaves I used to protect my bulbs from the snow. I plan to take pictures of the same beds each week to see how my flowers progress.

Right now my Sidewalk garden is winning the race with early blooming crocuses in four colors. It is located from the driveway to the front door along the right side of the garage.


The Circle garden comes in second -- it seems the crocus bulbs I thought I dug up to transfer to my Sidewalk garden was not all dug up. It is located in the front lawn and it includes a pine tree and a light post.


I also have my E. River gardens located on the left side of my garage;


The Calann gardens located in front of the front door and under the front windows of the house;


My Abbe garden located to the right of the house around our fireplace chimney;


The Prospect garden located behind our backyard gate and to the right of the back porch;


My Michigan garden located under the kitchen window in the backyard;


The Georgia garden located under our bedroom window in the backyard;


My Park gardens located on the right side of the backyard fence;


The University garden located along the back of the backyard fence;


And finally my Colgate garden located along the right of the backyard fence and under the Maple tree.


Boy the grass in the backyard looks awful! Time to take out the rake and get rid of the dead patches of grass! That's what happens when you have dogs, no two big dogs to take for.

No comments: