Tuesday, March 3, 2009

With good intentions...

Today is aerobics day and I got off to a rough start. No, I got up early and had breakfast. I even started a new project on my laptop. No, time flew by so quickly I didn't have time to take my shower and I arrived at work 15 minutes late!

Do you know how much one needs to pack up on aerobics day? I had pasta noodles to boil and pack for dinner. I had a big bag of cardboard to load for recycling. I packed my small library bag with public library returns. And I had two sets of clothes to consider -- my aerobics tee and pants, which is too thin to keep me warm on the 12 degree weather we're having today -- the jeans, sweatshirt and navy jacket to wear over the thin clothes, and the extra undies and tee to change into after aerobics. I also had my usual laptop bag and hangbag and wallet to carry. And don't forget the big bag of candies already sitting in my car for my student workers. Whoo!

See, I go to work for a couple of hours then take off by to Elyria for my bootcamp aerobics class. The weather is still cold so I need to change my shoes and shed some clothes at the gym. When I'm done I head around the block to the Elyria Public Library to visit Cookie. On the way there, I drop off cardboard at our city recycling bin. Then I drive back to Oberlin and work the rest of the night until midnight.

Seems like a long work day but I actually work less hours on Tuesdays and make up my hours on the other days (short dinner breaks on Sundays and Mondays).

So today went by in a flash and I'm ready to go home now...

No comments: