In one week, my Sidewalk garden has tulips, daylilies, fake strawberries and creeping Jenny growing. The early spring crocus, anemone and winter aconite blooms have already withered. It also has a berberis and a Spruce bush on each end. It's more green than color right now. But soon...
The Circle garden was landscaped to have succulents - sedum, chicks and hens and sempervivum, under the Alberta spruce tree. It also has yucca, lupines, lambs ears and a berberis bush.
My front E. River garden are still bare but I can see my perennials - phlox, thyme and bugleweed pushing out of the ground. It should have ivy ground cover; I don't know if I cut it down too much or if its waiting for more sun. I found a sedum behind the rhododendron bush too. In the back garden, the hostas are pushing through as well.
The Calann garden in front of the windows was landscaped to have a Japanese zen style. It has cotonaster, juniper and berberis bushes, three grass patches and a small Japanese maple tree. A couple of years ago I added river rock and tried to simulate two round ponds that were connected by a stream that flows through the garden. But the recent rains sort of rearranged my one pond right outside of the front door. There should also be clematis plant that will crawl up the trellis but I didn't take a picture of it yet.
The part of the garden in front of the door has Yucca (that look pretty dead right now), a rhododendron bush that's sprouting leaves and a cotonaster.
Since my Abbe garden consists of boxwood hedges, a summer hydrangea bush and a summer rose of Sharon bush, it will look the same until June. I do need to trim those hedges though.
The Prospect garden will have hostas and wildflowers. I see the hosta shoots coming up.
My Michigan garden under the kitchen window will consist of purple astilbes which have popped out and is about 2-3 inches high.
The Georgia garden will have two varieties of hostas, lLady's mantle and two varieties of ferns. I take pride in my ferns since they remind me of Hawai'i so I'm really hoping they survived the winter.
My Park gardens should have a poi-mixture of plants, and right now nothing is up yet, not even the bushes are growing. I think it's more weeds than plants. hmmm...
The University garden is the home of Aaron's strawberries, mint, raspberries and blackberries bushes and garlic plants.
And finally my Colgate garden has a huge low-growing juniper bush, Irish moss, thyme and creeping Jenny under the Maple tree. It will also have peony bushes and hostas growing along the fence. The peonies will add a splash of color to my overall green palette of plants. Hmmm, can you tell I'm from Hawai'i?
The lawn is greener this week. But I still need to rake...

No comments:
Post a Comment