This was a very busy week for me at work. I started off making a draft of next semester's desk schedule using my current crew's course schedules and desired work times. By the time I was finished (took literally all night) I worked out 10 new positions to fill the open shifts! I felt accomplished getting this done in one night. But only meant I didn't work on my other project due the next day...
For the first time in my 11 years here I did not work on my worker's progress reports (aka evaluations) ahead of time. What a mistake I won't make again! I have always prided myself to getting projects done efficiently and on time. Not this time. I make an effort to make more personal comments than I have in the past but only meant I was late on the deadline. I took an extra day and a half to complete 27 reports and feel good about them all. Not so good about my work etiquette.
Once I finished that project I dove into my next one -- advertising 10 new positions for next semester, accepting applications and setting up interviews. We had a slow start at getting them to come in and the first few applicants were upperclassmen (even though my ad said underclassmen) but I managed to sift through about 30 inquiries and hold 6 interviews. I left the last round of inquiries for my co-worker to oversee this weekend. Since I'm the point woman for the Classified ad I'll be working a little over the weekend, sifting through more inquiries to forward to my co-worker. I decided to extend our search for another 5 days in hopes we'll get more to select from. 10 is a lot to fill.
I also managed to start giving out my progress reports this week too. I had planned to do them next week because not all reports were completed ( I wasn't the last one even if I was late!) but since majority of the interviews were done tonight I decided to start on my next project -- meeting with the crew and giving them their evaluations. I crossed off 4 of the 9 I need to meet with!!
And don't forget, I'm also working on the 24-hour monitor schedule, and the reading and finals period extra desk shifts schedule. Thank God I'm done with the Senior/Commencement week schedule and our summer hire!
See! And you think working at the library was quiet and easy. Thank goodness I live for this kind of challenge!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment