Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 SAN DIEGO: Day 4

This is the morning Jen left San Diego for home. I'm sad because we finally have some time to relax and my sister had to leave. But she has to go to work tomorrow, shucks. Her going home also meant I have to DRIVE IN THE CITY. I was so nervous but the drive back to the hotel was a breeze. Of course it was only 5 a.m.! But I think the real help is GPS, thank God! I didn't have my usual panic attack because I knew that if I missed a turn or on/off ramp the GPS would reroute. No sense of getting lost. It's great!

With our snacks and Khyla' new bikini, we headed out to the main pool to enjoy the slides and kids water play area. Well Khyla did; I relaxed, sunbathed and watched her from my chair. Oh it felt so good in the sun! Without allergies or bugs. The weather was perfect -- high 70's, no clouds in the ski and a nice cool breeze. After 4 hours we went back to the room for a nap.

[No pictures -- not charged camera AND a missing camera now]

I discovered I broke the toilet. NO I didn't plug it! The chain to the handle came loose so we couldn't flush it. So I called to get it fixed and of course they took awhile, cutting my sun time in the back porch. Luckily I got a good tan going already. But I wanted to sit in the sun and work on my laptop.

Look what's out across the backyard from us...

No comments: