Thursday, March 29, 2012

CRUISE 2012: Day 4 Sailing the Atlantic Ocean

Wednesday, March 28

Today is a full day at sea.  No ports to pull in and visit.  We had our room service breakfast but I fell asleep again so Aaron attended another spin class.  I finally got up and we hit the breakfast buffet again.  I had an accident in the food line!!  Going down the line I stopped my tray but my plate kept going and splattered to the floor.  How embarrassing!

BREAKFAST:  Aaron and I - eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes

We headed to the Serenity area and not surprisingly the deck was packed.  We got there too late.  So we headed up to the Sports deck 12 and managed to find chairs by the Waterworks slide.

 
Of all the days to be cloudy, it had to be the day we're at sea.  It got cold enough for us to use our towels as blankets.  It also got a bit rocky on the waves.
  
LUNCH: Aaron - wrap from the Deli; Me - corned beef on rye panini and a salad

Fed up with the sad weather, we grabbed some dessert and headed down to the Oak library Room on the Atlantic deck 8.  Promptly at 2 p.m. we headed to the Internet Cafe on Empress deck 7 to check-in and print our airline boarding passes.  Yes, we paid for some internet service!  We got back to the room and finally turned on the TV.  Moneyball and J. Edgar was playing.  I fell asleep.

Aaron woke me up a short time later saying the sun was out so we headed back to the decks.  The Serenity and Waterworks areas were packed with passengers so we ended up lying in the sun at the upper deck mid-ship above the pool on Verandah deck 11.  Finally some sun today!  Need to tan my back to be one color!
 
It started getting windy and cold again so we headed back in to get ready for dinner.

No comments: