Here we go! It's a new month and Aaron has helped me get back into exercising by joining me at the Oberlin College weight rooms. Yeah! We've managed to meet up twice this week and 3 times over all so far!
I have to say I enjoy working out with my hubby! He's so knowledgeable about exercises, equipments and the working body parts. He doesn't mind me following him around and is very patient when I argue all the reasons why I don't want to do them. I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable going by myself -- lot of testosterone and athletes all around, not to mention students I see in the library every night. But it is getting easier for me to workout on the mat or in the rec room without Aaron being at my side. I guess I just like my space.
I join Aaron and his day's body part workouts -- Biceps and Thighs, Quads and Chest, etc. -- but fit in abs and core in between. Since I don't workout every day like him I try to do exercises for my flabby arms, legs, glutes and abs. By the time I go back to work I have a little sweat and some aching muscles. It's the good burn I want to feel!
Now all I really need to add is cardio before the workout. Jump rope or boxing kicks should do the trick! And to not want to eat a big meal soon after.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment