Our original flight to Newark was delayed so they placed us on another flight that was suppose to leave earlier. But due to a weather ground in Newark, we left at our original time. It took us awhile to get flight clearance and made it to Newark a hour half later than our original arrival time.
We thought we would have no more problems since we originally had a 3-hour layover in Newark. We had time for dinner at the Samuel Adams Brew Cafe before boarding the plane.
Me outside the Samuel Adams Cafe where we stopped for dinner
Aaron standing in front of our gate -- see, we really did go to Dublin!
All was well, until we got on the plane. A mechanical problem this time around. We sat in the plane for another hour half before finally taking off. It didn't feel like a 6-hour flight since we slept most of the way. Aaron and I got to share a 3-seat row, which I took 2 of the 3 seats. Aaron and his big body sat still in his aisle seat. When we were landing, I looked out of our window and I swear we were landing in Hilo! There were fields of green with mists of rain falling.
Got through customs OK. I'm so happy to finally get my passport stamped! And the customs guard was nice. Got to love that Irish accent!
It took awhile but we finally made it to Dublin!
Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment