Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ireland - Day 3 ...Nighttime

February 20th

So we didn't wake up until 10 p.m. and missed dinner time again. We ended up walking across the street from our hotel to ThunderRoad Cafe, an American style Hard Rock Cafe-like restaurant.


ThunderRoad Restaurant, Fleet Street, Dublin, Ireland


Me in ThunderRoad Restaurant taking a cheesy picture with Ms. Liberty

We walked around Old City area again looking for a pub to have Aaron's last pint for the evening but was having some difficulty. Pubs were packed and clubs had lines around the corner with dressed up younglings. Great, I'm feeling old in my jeans, fleece jacket, snow gloves, messied up hair and barely no made up face. But down the street I discovered a Butlers Chocolates Cafe. (Oh how GB comes to mind and all is better! Aaron kept walking....)


Exchequer Street, South Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

After walking in a big circle, we ended up at the west end of Temple Bar and the Powerhouse Brewing Company. That made Aaron happy. He tried their stout beer and I had a shot of Jameson's whiskey and ginger ale (oh, bad idea...poor stomach). We were lucky to hear a live band play a couple happy, classic rock songs before they ended their set. What the heck? The pub was closing! Is it that late?


Outside the PBC


Inside the PBC where Aaron tried the Oyster stout.

So off to the hotel we went and tried to veer away from the happy, drunk people celebrating their stag parties (bachelor/bachelorette outings). That shot must have hit me because once I hit the bed I was out until our alarm went off at 8 a.m....

No comments: