We finally made it out of the room by 10 a.m. and headed south to the Grafton Street. We stopped for a quick breakfast at Nude Restaurant that prides themselves on organic foods. Again I had planned to have a small pastry with coffee - I ended up with another ham croissant sandwich with a mocha. So much for my attempt and a holiday diet!

Inside Nude Restaurant Cafe
We continued on to the Grafton Street pedestrian mall. I reminded me of Crocker Park in Ohio, only no snow, or Waikele in Honolulu, only colder. It was packed with tourists! And it took us 2 minutes to walk right through it. I decided beforehand that I wasn't going to shop for the usual clothes and accessories like I usually do in Vegas. I'm a sucker for outlet stores! But I had it in mind to buy me a scarf or plaid made in Ireland. Since I didn't want to get sucked into the departmental stores, I didn't spend any time browsing and wasn't successful in finding my souvenir today. Oh but I found my second Butlers Chocolate Cafe at the end of the mall!

The famous Grafton Street mall
We continued on to St. Stephen's Green park. Mind you it's chilly today but the sun managed to push through the clouds for us when we sat in the park for a rest.
Me at St. Stephen's Green and the James Joyce bust -- see the sun?
We diverted from our original plans (see I'm learning to "wing it"!) and walked west to the Cathedral district. We stopped in front of Marsh's Library, St. Patrick's Cathedral and its adjacent park. Again, Aaron tried his best to go to church again but was hindered, this time by a wedding.
In front of Marsh's Library, Cathedral District, Dublin, Ireland
St. Patrick's Cathedral, Cathedral District, Dublin, Ireland
We continued heading north towards our hotel and ran into the Dublin Castle, the Beatty Library and its adjacent garden. Very impressive from the outside!
Dublin Castle, Cathedral District, Dublin, Ireland
Me outside of the Beatty Library, Dublin Castle, Cathedral District, Dublin, Ireland
Aaron in front of a typical small car you find everywhere in Dublin - only this one was shiny gold! I think Aaron is as long as the car!
Back in Temple Bar, I finally found a small shop, Kiki's on Temple, that had nice scarves and raincoats. Now I'm the proud owner of not 1 but 3 scarves made in Dublin, Ireland! I also bought one for my mother-in-law, Cookie, for taking us to the airport and being back-up doggy/house sitter back home.
We were heading back to our room for an early rest but stopped in the Porterhouse Brewing Company for a quick pint and strawberry milkshake.
Aaron tried the plain stout at PHB, while...
I enjoyed an ono strawberry milkshake! I hope we're heading back to the hotel after this... you know what milk does to my opu!
Yes, you read correctly! At one time the PHB did make a stout voted better than King Guinness - but Aaron still things G is the best!
Later we are headed out to Trinity College to see their impressive library and study hall and perhaps another pub with traditional Irish music. We'll be back...
On a side note, I know you're looking at today's pictures and wonder, "What the heck is Lisa wearing?!" Well I'm as shocked as you! I had only brought 3 pairs of jeans and already used all of them once. It was too cold for my dress and still too cold to only use my leggings. Because I need to be as warm and prevent constant visits to the privy, I ended up wearing my tights under my leggings, and my thermosocks with my Pumas, to go with my purple dress shirt and grey fleece jacket. OK so I didn't pack matching clothes this time!

No comments:
Post a Comment