Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ireland - Day 2 ...Daytime

February 19th

Did I tell you I was "winging it" during this trip? OK so I printed some stuff and made an empty folder with little information; not my usual tourist binder. I didn't bust out my map when we were walking through the airport or making our way to our hotel, or have plans of what we were doing, eating and seeing each day.

We walked around the airport way too much trying to find the Aircoach bus, the shuttle that would take us directly to the city centre. It was a nice way to travel - it had air conditioning and large windows to look out. The houses, roads, cars and trees looked exactly like all those travel shows I watch about Europe - old, small and not tropical. Aaron almost departed at the wrong bus stop. But we were saved by some nice Irishmen. I was forced to ask for directions from here on.

We finally departed in front of Trinity College and walked around in a 1/2-block circle finding our hotel. Let's just say we are not compasses. And a local delivery man was no help! But we finally made it to the Morgan Hotel - 3 hours later than our original time. Thank goodness we were allowed to check-in early. We even got an upgraded room. All that meant was we got air-conditioning, which we turned on even though it was cold (44 degrees). At least it's not frigid like Elyria! (It snowed while we were gone.) Another great thing about the Moran - we have free wireless! Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Me outside of our hotel, The Morgan on Fleet Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland


Our room - very hip!


Our bathroom - modern, thank goodness. Yes, that's the sink! The shower was interesting... since we only had that half glass wall and no door the water kept leaking onto the floor.

...I think I packed the wrong type of clothes. Too much warm jackets and thermo-underthings or light skirts and tees.

The hotel is nice but it ain't no Four Seasons!! The location is what makes it perfect. The area is very walkable so I'm happy. Wasn't sure I was in-shape to walk around. The cobblestone streets tells you we're surrounded by history but they are hard to walk on. Thank goodness I'm not wearing sandals this trip. There was a mist of rain, but not like the downpour we got in Ohio on Wednesday. After

I changed my clothes and we headed out to the Temple Bar. Just imagine Waikiki, only colder. Or the Warehouse district in downtown Cleveland, only warmer.


The Temple Bar

We had lunch at the Shack Restaurant and had a pint (of Guinness) at the Temple Bar Pub. I want to say the pub has the cleaniest bar bathrooms I've ever been in! And the Guinness is actually creamy and delicious!


Me outside of the Shack Restaurant,Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland


Aaron outside of the Temple Bar Pub, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

We went back to the room for a nap....

No comments: