Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ireland - Day 6

February 23rd

We succeeded in waking up early the next morning (more like me being paranoid we'll miss the coach or plane!).

We checked out of the hotel, had breakfast at O'Brien's again, missed our aircoach because we were sitting in the Cafe and looking out for the bus instead of standing out at the curb, caught a taxi for a discounted price instead, checked in at the airport, bought last minute duty-free gifts, including Jameson's reserves whiskey for me and an 8-pack of Guinness for Aaron (yes we're crazy but so prepared with our third lugguage to carry on) and still had time for a quick snack and pint at our gate and a browse at a souvenir shop.


Me finally having a muffin and coffee at O'Briens, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The flight was great, until landing time. I slept most of the way since Aaron and I shared 3 seats between us again. Well, I took 2 seats again and Aaron sat still in his 1. I broke out in sweat and hyper-ventilated a bit during landing. Motion-sickness, I guess.

Customs in Newark was a snap but we had a small problem with our carry-on (the alcohol) gifts and had to make a small trip back to the check-in counters. Yeah, I got a second stamp on my passport and was allowed to return to the U.S.A. Security was a snap too. We had a short lunch at Mickey D's and Sbarro's before heading to our gate. Oh, good ol' American grease food! I got real tired when we sat at our gate but napped on the short flight home to Cleveland.

With the help of my BFF Michael, we had dinner at Marconi's Grill before getting home to my bed and my puppies. Keala and Ikaika were so happy to see us, as well as I was happy to see them. I vaguely remembered saying goodbye to Michael, unpacking my suitcases, organizing the dirty laundry to do later, and crawling into bed. Last I remembered, Aaron was taking Keala out for a walk.

I woke up bright and early at 8 a.m. the next morning (noon Ireland time)...

No comments: