We turned in our application to adopt tonight! I feel so committed now!
So this session is my favorite one so far. I tell you, everyone who has a baby -- naturally or by adoption -- should be able to take this class! It was parenting 101! I started taking notes to try and keep myself up during the 3-hour session but soon after I could barely keep up taking notes of all the tips Pat was giving to us. She had a lot of experiences dealing and managing behaviors with infants, toddlers and teenagers and all using positive reinforcement or consequences. It made so much sense! And apparently we will have a great support system in place for us as well as the foster child.
Oddly all this talk of trying to teach a child to grow and go through typical mischief with positive reinforcements, and hopeful become a well disciplined, independent person with some small respect for their parents made me excited to adopt and have a child already! Aaron and I are so happy we are getting these sessions -- we feel like we won the lottery!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment