Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HAWAII 2012: Lanai Day 8 The Four Seasons Lodge at Koele

 Look who woke us up this morning... Stoli
 Looks like Kaumana had a little too much to drink last night
 ZZ Monstah trying to get out of his pen
 David picked us up and took us to the Lodge up the street
 It's as beautiful as I remember it.  A comfy lodge in the mountains
 This time I got to walk the whole property
 
I wish we could work out at this gym but unfortunately we are not guests anymore
 
They had a greenhouse full of orchids
 
 
It was such a beautiful morning in the mountains
 
 
 They have an executive 18-hole putt-putt
 
 
 
 
 
 
We are off to Manele...
So the drive from Lanai City and the Lodge to the pier and Manele involves a short but very winding road down the mountain and cliffs, with a very slow speed limit.  It's not for the faint of heart (and tummy!) but the views are magnificent!  You can even see other islands at a distance.

No comments: