Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flower power 09-07-11

Log... July 11, 2009

My gardens are still sprouting out flowers through the summer, and it makes me happy!

My Thyme in the Colgate garden has sprouted some purple flowers, that constrast nicely with the greens from the Thyme, Creeping Jenny and Strawberries.

My Asian Lilies also flowered in my Sidewalk garden. I started with two plants and now have three.

My Wildflowers appear in purple and white, and contrasts with my yellow Coneflowers in my Sidewalk garden.

The Creeping Jenny is spreading successfully around the Daylilies, Yucca and Wildflowers in my Sidewalk garden.

My fall Chrysanthemum are growing in my Sidewalk garden. It should be flowering around September-October.

The Calann garden is doing alright on its own, although I pulled weeds and trimmed bushes last week. With the wild Strawberries growing under the Japanese Maple and evergreens, its not looking very Zen or Asian inspired as I intended.

I also trimmed the bushes in the Abbe garden as well. The grass like plant between the bush and Hydrangea is an Iris. Sadly my Rose bush that grows to the left of the bush at the corner of my house has not produced flowers this year.

No comments: