Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence!

Finally, a decent weekend! I am feeling better, the weather was perfect and we did some fun things!

On Friday, Aaron and I walked the dogs around Tappan Square in Oberlin after Aaron got his hair cut. Then we grabbed lunch at one of favorite spots Mulligan's in Avon before doing some shopping. During the evening, we headed back to Oberlin to attend Jane's music recital. Michael joined us. Aaron got a bit of culture listening to some Baroque (which I found out is not the same as classical) music for a change. Jane's performance with her world-renowned instructors was very impressive and I enjoyed it very much. After me and my boys headed to the Feve for a late dinner. Aaron and I ended the night doing some major cleaning of the house for our guests tomorrow.

On the holiday, we did some cleaning in the morning. Michael arrived first and we finished watching Transformers 1. Jen and Dave showed up soon after. It was a casual affair with hamburgers and chicken philly sandwiches on the grill, and potato salad. We ended up relaxing and watched Mr. Craig's Defiance, as well as Mr. McAvoy's Wanted. It was a movie marathon! We made no attempts to see fireworks this year although we heard a lot going off. I must say though, Ohio's got nothing on Hawai'i when it comes to fireworks!
The cook...
and the bartender!

Sunday was back-to-work for Aaron. I invited Cookie over for leftovers and we, along with her fiance Ken, had a nice casual dinner. I also did some gardening. The sun was out with a little breeze and low humidity.... Ahhhhh!

No comments: