Since I didn't sleep much I decided to take it easy this morning and didn't join Michael at the gym. But I did managed to get up in time to go to the lazy river.
After a much needed nap, we headed to the strip. First stop, Caesar's Palace. We checked out the Roman replicas and interesting shops. We did try our hand at gambling when we found the Big Wheel. Michael played $10 and won $50 -- he even hit the 40-to-1 on the first spin! I played $20 and won $20. Not bad! I think the piano player at the nearby bar and his music inspired the good karma in the air!
Michael, I'm over here!
Hey, it's G... what's King Leonidas doing in Rome?
Riding the curved escalator to the lower level shopping mall, only to discover a chocolate boutique with exotic flavored and organic chocolates!
Next we walked to The Mirage. We stopped for lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen before continuing on in search of white tigers. They didn't have the free show area anymore and found out we have to pay to see them now, shucks!
We headed back and walked through Caesar's toward The Bellagio. Again we window shopped and admired the Italian inspired surroundings. Since it was almost time for the fountain show outside, we stopped for some pistachio gelato before heading out to look for a good spot to stand. Pavarotti didn't disappoint!
At the Conservatory
On our way back home we stopped at Border's in search of an internet connection. We found success next door at Whole Foods. We sipped on iced coffee and a fruit smoothie while catching up with emails and my blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment