Monday, July 27, 2009

GIRLIE UPDATE: Las Vegas 2009: Day 4

Log... July 23, 2009 6 p.m.

Michael, Lureen, Carrie and I went to the gym to work out this morning. Then Lureen and Michael went to the pool while Carrie and I watched a movie.

Time flew by fast or we were moving real slow because before we knew it it was time to pick up Jen at the airport ! By now I should know the directions to the airport with my eyes closed!

Poor Jen! She had no time to go to the condo and freshen up... we went straight to Downtown for some local style grinds at The California.


Lureen, Carrie and Jen had Ocha-Zuke....

I had a mixed plate of fish with tartar sauce, shoyu chicken and teriyaki beef...

...and Michael tried the Korean chicken. Mmmmm! Hawai'ian macaroni salad!



Michael surrounded by local themed slot machines

We walked down Fremont Street, listened to two bands on the stages play the Beatles and the Doors songs, did a bit of shopping and waited for the Fremont Street light show. I was hoping for a new show that I didn't see before and I got my wish. Unfortunately it was quite boring and not the Vegas light spectacular we wanted to see.



So we headed back toward the car. Carrie decided to try a deep fried Twinkies, all 5,000 calories of it! Well Lureen did take a bite.


Us local girls are very happy making the pilgrimage to The California...

... and Michael for having the experience!

Rub da Buddha for good luck!

No comments: